I just found this very inspiring and interesting talk about marketing, presented for developers by Seth Godin (held at Business of Software 2008).
Today I solved a problem I had with check_apachestatus_auto.pl executed via NRPE.
Running the command as root worked fine but, running as user “nagios” just gave no output – which translated to the error message “NRPE: Unable to read output error” on the Nagios NRPE Client.
After checking file permissions, any debug modes and logs i found… i finally got to /tmp and there was it: “127.0.0.1……”, a temporary file created by that particular check plugin. Since i tested the plugin first as root, the file had root-only permissions, and the plugin executed as nagios just stopped somewhere while not being able to use/overwrite that file.
I deleted that particular file, and everything works fine now…
Zend Studio 7.0 brings a host of new features and enhancements that will help you develop faster, resolve defects more quickly, and take advantage of the latest PHP technologies directly from your development environment.
With full support for PHP 5.3, greatly enhanced source code editing, easy debugging through integration with Zend Server, code generation through integration with Zend Framework, and improved performance, Zend Studio maintains its position as the leading solution for professional PHP developers.
New features in Zend Framework 1.9:
- Complete support for PHP 5.3 as well as 5.2 means developers can use the latest PHP language features in their Zend Framework-based apps
- RESTful web services: now made easier through automated routing/detection
- Message queues: useful for offload processing (credit card transactions, media uploads), cross-platform communication, user messaging features, and more.
- LDAP: Microsoft ActiveDirectory & Novell, plus searching, filtering, and tree features
- RSS & Atom: consume these popular feed formats using a common API and higher performance cached HTTP
- DBUnit support: DBUnit’s test data setup and teardown make unit testing Zend Framework applications much easier
Downloads are running, Testsuites will show if ZF 1.9 breaks anything, and I will take the opportunity to fix some plugin issues with Zend Studio while upgrading